We require a Java Developer Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment, who’d primarily be tasked to design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture.
- Work with senior leadership to translate strategic initiatives into formalized product features.
- Work with staff to translate technical requests into formalized product features.
- Work with staff to assist with bug identification, reproduction, and resolution.
- Integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implement security and data protection
- Integrate various data storage solutions, primarily for typical RDBMS but may include work with key-value stores, blob stores, data warehouses, etc.
- Develop new user-facing features with various front-end frameworks/libraries
- Develop new user-facing features with various back-end frameworks (Spring and Hibernate)
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Proficiency with core Java concepts and their use. Good understanding of Java 8 features including streams, Lambdas, Functional interfaces etc.
- Strong Experience in object-oriented software analysis and design, service-oriented architecture, building REST/SOAP web services and reusable software components
- Strong understanding and experience building multithreaded applications focusing on asynchronous parallel processing
- Knowledge of core design patterns to integrate with internal and external entities and data sources building fault tolerant systems.
- Extensive experience in Java Spring, Spring Boot and J2EE frameworks.
- Hands-on SQL and NoSQL experience.
- Experience with message-based architectures using Kafka or another message broker
- Working knowledge of Junit, Mockito or other unit testing best practices.
- Knowledge in Docker framework and deployments, container management
- Experience configuring, deploying and managing applications on cloud infrastructure
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science Engineering, Information Technology or related field